05/09/2018 23 Stress Relievers that Don’t Break a Sweat
Alli Walsh, Social Media Strategist
23 Stress Relievers that Don’t Break a Sweat
One of the most popular and effective forms of stress release is exercise: it can improve your mood, pumps up your endorphins and takes your mind off whatever is stressing you at the moment.1 But what do you do when you’re looking for some stress release, but it’s not the ideal time for a sweat-inducing workout? We’ve compiled a list of things we think will help lower your stress without breaking a sweat. Try some and let us know what you think!
- Visit a beautiful park or beach
- Escape to the library and look at magazines
- Focus on someone else’s story for a while through a book
- Go for a coffee
- Color in a coloring book
- Use essential oils for aromatherapy
- Listen to the Moods section on Spotify.
- Write frustrations down on paper
- Call a friend
- Organize a drawer, cupboard or closet
- Read to nursing home residents
- Play with your dog or cat
- Treat yourself to a manicure, pedicure or massage
- Drink hot tea
- Decorate with fresh flowers
- Light a candle
- Try the Calm app.
- Work in the garden
- Indulge in a treat
- Take a warm bath
- Laugh-try watching a funny viral video.
1 “Exercise and Stress: Get Moving to Manage Stress.” Mayo Clinic, Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research, 8 Mar. 2018, mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/stress-management/in-depth/exercise-and-stress/art-20044469.
Get Covered For Individuals & Families
Get protection from the hidden costs of accidents, illnesses and income disruption.
Get Covered For Employers & Associations
Offer your employees additional benefits with no extra cost to your company.
Start of statement by W. CLEMENT STONE, FOUNDERDo the right thing because it's the right thing to do.End of statement W. CLEMENT STONE, FOUNDERContact Combined Insurance