Giving Back: A Common Purpose at Combined Insurance The Company Continued to Give Back to Chicagoland and National Charitable Organizations in 2017 - 12/14/2017
Combined Insurance, a Chubb company, continued to live out its common purpose by giving back to communities where employees live and work. As a leading provider of individual and group supplemental accident, disability, health and life insurance products, Combined Insurance honored their founder, W. Clement Stone’s, philanthropic legacy and engaged in charitable endeavors year-round.
“Giving back to the communities in which we live and work is a strong part of our company culture here at Combined Insurance,” said Melanie Lundberg, Assistant Vice President of Talent Management and Corporate Communications at Combined Insurance. “When I look back on our year at Combined Insurance, I am proud of how we have given back—both in funding and volunteer time, as well as the organizations that we chose to partner with. It feels good to know that we made a positive difference in the community.”
This year, Combined Insurance partnered with more than 15 Chicago-based and national charitable organizations, providing both volunteer and financial support including, American Cancer Society, JDRF, USO of Illinois, Luke’s Wings, Heartland Alliance and OneSight.
As a Top Military Friendly® Employer for seven consecutive years, the company demonstrated its continued commitment to supporting U.S. veterans and military servicemen and women by donating $50,000 to two military-related charitable organizations—Luke’s Wings and the Fisher House Foundation. This is a contribution that Combined Insurance has donated annually as part of their Operation Veteran GiveBack program.
Another military/veteran-focused charity that the company has committed to in 2017 is the USO of Illinois through the following:
- In May 2017, approximately 20 employees served dinner to service members and their families at the USO Great Lakes Naval Base in Great Lakes, Ill.
- In September, the annual Combined Insurance charity golf outing raised $19,500 which was donated to the USO of Illinois.
- Employees put together 100 care packages to send to deployed service members.
- Bob Wiedower, Vice President of Sales Development and Military Programs at Combined Insurance, is presently serving on the board of directors for the USO of Illinois.
Additionally, Combined Insurance has given back in 2017 to a variety of organizations, such as:
- Granting the gift of sight by partnering with OneSight to help thousands of children and individuals who lack access to vision care.
- Fundraising and sponsoring over $16,000 to benefit the American Cancer Society and their mission to free the world from cancer.
- Giving back to Latino-focused charitable organizations and communities, including Casa Central, a Hispanic-serving social service agency in Chicagoland and Hispanic Alliance for Career Enhancement (HACE), a national non-profit committed to the advancement and development of Latino professionals.
- Donating iPads to help organizations who would benefit from additional technology— 50 iPads were donated to Heartland Alliance’s Financial Literacy Program. Additionally, iPads were gifted to programs who serve children and adults with developmental disabilities at Gigi’s Playhouse and SEDOL Foundation.
Combined Insurance founder and noted philanthropist, W. Clement Stone, donated more than $275 million to civic groups, mental health, and other charitable organizations during his lifetime—in efforts to “make the world a better place.”
About Combined Insurance
Combined Insurance Company of America (Chicago, Ill.) is a leading provider of individual supplemental accident, disability, health, and life insurance products and a Chubb company. With a tradition of nearly 100 years of success, Combined Insurance is committed to making the world of supplemental insurance easy to understand. The company has an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau and is one of Ward’s Top 50® Performing Life-Health Insurance Companies. Combined Insurance is also a 2017 Top 10 Military Friendly® Employer named by G.I. Jobs Magazine—marking the fifth consecutive year on the Top 10 employer list and third consecutive year in the Top 5. In New York, products are underwritten by Combined Life Insurance Company of New York (Latham, N.Y.).
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurance company. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. As an underwriting company, we assess, assume and manage risk with insight and discipline. We service and pay our claims fairly and promptly. The company is also defined by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength and local operations globally. Parent company Chubb Limited is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CB) and is a component of the S&P 500 index. Chubb maintains executive offices in Zurich, New York, London and other locations, and employs approximately 31,000 people worldwide. Additional information can be found at: chubb.com.
Get Covered For Individuals & Families
Get protection from the hidden costs of accidents, illnesses and income disruption.
Get Covered For Employers & Associations
Offer your employees additional benefits with no extra cost to your company.
Start of statement by W. CLEMENT STONE, FOUNDERDo the right thing because it's the right thing to do.End of statement W. CLEMENT STONE, FOUNDERContact Combined Insurance